Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I was so brave!



Today was the annual health fair at DH's work.  We need to have our blood work done each year to get a break on the cost of our insurance.  I HATE needles (yep, I faint) and have very weak veins so it is usually quite the ordeal for them to fine a vein to tap into - thus increasing the misery for me!  So after pricking my right arm and not catching a vein, they finally got the job done on the left arm.  Here's my bruise to show for it.  And, I didn't even feel light headed today!  I feel so brave!

1 comment:

Grace said...

That was really brave, especially when you have a needle phobia, no fun! Added to the fact that you have weak veins, you poor thing :( I'm not a huge needle fan myself but I've been told on so many occassions I have veins which Drs would "love to practice on"! I guess it does make blood draws somewhat easier knowing they always get me first time! Well done you!